Warinanco Sports Center– Union County, NJ
The Warinanco Park Skating Rink—a familiar old friend and landmark for Union County skaters since 1961—has undergone an extensive $7 million modernization and renovation that has doubled the overall complex space and transformed it into a year-round venue for skating and other activities.
Elements of the renovation/modernization include:
- A new state-of-the-art field house which will measure 11,000 square feet, and include a room for parties, a food concession area, a video game room, a retail pro shop and skate rental room;
- A new exterior seating area that will be covered, protecting patrons from the elements;
- The rink’s refrigeration building will be renovated;
- A new ice rink floor (covering the same foot print) including new refrigeration piping, LEED lighting and reflective ceiling which will be made from a material which will help prevent humidity build-up;
- New bleachers and flooring surrounding the ice floor as well as new boards, glass and nets;
- An all new gas fireplace–stone covered and running the height of the building;
- Team locker rooms will be remodeled.
Leon Grebla is a veteran sports and fitness consultant, having spent fifteen years working with athletes all over the country. Before joining the SFM team, Leon directed a full-service sports performance company, developing programs and presenting lectures on performance training, practical nutrition, and finding success in improved fitness. A collegiate athlete in both football and baseball, Leon values the role of sports in the lives of today’s youth. He serves as Volunteer Athletic Director for his Parish School by coordinating recreational programs for the community. Leon has four daughters with his wife of seventeen years, and enjoys spending time with his family when outside the facility.