FAITH BASED DEVELOPMENT FUNDING
More and more faith-based organizations are developing facilities to support their faith. These facilities can range anywhere from a general recreation center to an extreme outdoor sports complex. When starting up any faith-based facility, one very important step is development funding.
What is Development Funding?
Many people get fundraising and development funding confused. Although they do have some similarities, there are significantly different. Fundraising is basically the act of raising money for an organization. There is not a lot of ongoing strategic planning and maintenance. Development funding is an complex and detailed plan for funding your faith based facility. There are several steps to development funding.
- The first step to development funding is conducting research to discover your expenses and your financial goals. You will also need to analyze cash flow and set up a plan to continually monitor your funds.
- The next step is to document any issue that may affect funding as well as a plan to correct or prevent these issues.
- Development funding also requires you to build relationship skills and rapport.
- Next, you will need to find out your target audience and who will be interested in your faith-based organization.
- Development funding then requires you to learn skills for the implementation of funding and communication with donors.
- You will also need to know how to create the necessary documents and create a financial plan for yourself and donors.
- You also must create a plan to maintain and manage your funding.
Why Use SFA for Development Funding?
Development funding requires a lot of skill, time and expertise. Sports Facilities Advisory can assist you with this elaborate process through developing funding documents. Development funding documents for faith-based sports complexes include research-based construction and startup cost estimates, detailed cash flow forecasts, and other data to inform capital campaigns, donor presentations and financing packages.
SFA’s development funding presentation service provides expertise and credibility during critical funding presentations. Ongoing research into existing sports facility operations, and the experience that SFA’s sister firm, Sports Facilities Management, has with managing numerous centers, gives SFA the ability to serve clients in this area.
SFA’S DEVELOPMENT FUNDING PROCESSES
SFA development funding presentations can include various presentation services that can assist clients in communicating their visions, such as presentation development and 3D virtual tours that bring life to concepts. SFA is also regularly involved in multidisciplinary teams, including architecture, programming, leadership and finance experts selected by our clients.